Welcome To Catherine's Cancer Journey Blog.

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Catherine a mum of 3 lovely children who was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 38.
Please feel free to read my Cancer journey and comment if you would like to. Thank you for taken the time to read my posts.
Your support is very much appreciated. New pictures are posted at the end of the page. Thank you.
Catherine xxxxxx

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Depression

Depression seems to be getting the better of me these days. I fight it as much as I can. The after effects of having cancer treatment and radiotherapy seem to be an on going thing for me. 2 years of suffering is a long time and it's still going strong. Finally my left side numbness after having the breast removed is healing very slowly. People don't understand that once the cancer is gone you still have so much to deal with. It's not just as simple as going to the doctors when something is up. Having to wait 2 years after treatment to have 2 teeth taken out sucks. I'm told by most doctors that my problems are all to do with cancer. That is all well and good relating issues to the cancer but for heavens sake try treat the problem instead of giving me the run around. My depression gets so bad that I switch myself off from everyone and that is not good. I don't feel like I'm getting the support I need or needed right from the start of my breast cancer journey.

2 comments:

  1. Catherine, please try to get a copy of Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. It's a daily reading as if Jesus was talking just to you. I love it. if I had your address I would send one to you. Also read Jeremiah 29:11 online or in your bible if you have one. I try to live by that verse. I suffered from a bad depression years ago that I never would have gotten through without God's help. I know how hard it is. Everyone loves you. Even people that you have never met all over the world thanks to Twitter.
    Please say a little prayer for me. I too will be having a biopsy soon for something they found on mammogram. I always have had a problem with cysts, but just to be sure, they will do a needle biopsy while doing a sonogram. It's all in God's hands, so I try not to worry. I will keep praying for you. God bless, Claudia (hopegram).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Claudia. Your a good friend. :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Catherine's new look :)

Catherine's new look :)