Welcome To Catherine's Cancer Journey Blog.

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Catherine a mum of 3 lovely children who was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 38.
Please feel free to read my Cancer journey and comment if you would like to. Thank you for taken the time to read my posts.
Your support is very much appreciated. New pictures are posted at the end of the page. Thank you.
Catherine xxxxxx

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Chemotherapy And CT Scan.

So yesterday I went to the hospital with Kevin and Margaret. I had some blood tests taken to see if my body is ok for Chemotherapy. The Herceptin was given in injection form in the leg over 5 minutes. Sometimes the injection does hurt quite a bit. Then I had to make my way down for my CT scan.I had to drink loads of orange with some special stuff in it so that it shows up the body images better on the scan. As I was down there I got a phone call to say my blood was clotting in the bottle and they needed to take a repeat blood test. By the time we got out of the hospital it was 1pm. Margaret says "every time I go to the hospital we are stuck here for hours" Sometimes when it's just Kevin and I we get out quicker. Yesterday before I took my Chemotherapy I was feeling great I took it late Friday night and Saturday morning I felt very rough I had like really bad cold symptoms,could not eat my dinner,slept for hours,feeling hot and cold,weak, will be feeling that way for about 5 days then have 2 good days before I have to go back for my next dose of Chemo. I so look forward to my week off Chemo. On Tuesday I go to see my Oncologist for the results of my CT Scan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catherine's new look :)

Catherine's new look :)