Welcome To Catherine's Cancer Journey Blog.

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Catherine a mum of 3 lovely children who was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 38.
Please feel free to read my Cancer journey and comment if you would like to. Thank you for taken the time to read my posts.
Your support is very much appreciated. New pictures are posted at the end of the page. Thank you.
Catherine xxxxxx

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Cancer In The Ribs.

Woke up one morning only to find I could not sit up in bed my youngest daughter tried to help me but she couldn't I was screaming with pain in my ribs every time I tried to move. I thought it was chest pain that I'd had for about 3 days. I had an appointment in Dublin with my oncologist and I didn't want to miss the appointment that is why I didn't want to go to accident and emergency in Killkenny. When I got to the hospital the nurse asked me how I was doing I said not good and that I had chest pain for about 3 days and that I could not walk properly either. She said I didn't look well and got the doctor to see me pretty quickly. Had a load of tests done and it turned out to be cancer not chest pain. They kept me in hospital for a week done some more tests and managed to get my pain under control I felt so much better not been in pain anymore. The nurse told me never to leave chest pain like that again and that chest pain was nothing to mess with. Could not believe that the cancer was in different places. I have a team of doctors and nurses looking after me I have the public health nurse,the palliative care team nurses,my oncologist,my doctor,occupation nurse I think that should just about do it lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catherine's new look :)

Catherine's new look :)