Welcome To Catherine's Cancer Journey Blog.

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Catherine a mum of 3 lovely children who was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 38.
Please feel free to read my Cancer journey and comment if you would like to. Thank you for taken the time to read my posts.
Your support is very much appreciated. New pictures are posted at the end of the page. Thank you.
Catherine xxxxxx

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

23rd April The Breast Removal Operation.

Friday the 23rd April at 7.30am I had to go to the breast clinic fasting from 12 midnight the night before because there were no beds available . I was nervous as hell I checked into admissions then had to wait in the breast clinic till a bed was ready for me there were no beds and I was next on the list for my operation so I had to get ready in the breast clinic for surgery. I got into the gown then put on my slippers and dressing gown over it then walked up to the operating theater got on one of the trolleys was wheeled to where they put you to sleep had a needle in the hand next thing I woke up in recovery after 3 hours of surgery. When I woke up the nurse that was looking after me asked me if I was ok and if I had any pain I said I'm ok and have no pain she said I'm surprised most people come out after having that type of surgery screaming in pain. I was numb all over and she had me worried I was thinking am I going to be screaming in pain as the numbness wears off.
I went to the ward a little while after and got to change back into my own clothes and slept on and off for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catherine's new look :)

Catherine's new look :)