Welcome To Catherine's Cancer Journey Blog.

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Catherine a mum of 3 lovely children who was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 38.
Please feel free to read my Cancer journey and comment if you would like to. Thank you for taken the time to read my posts.
Your support is very much appreciated. New pictures are posted at the end of the page. Thank you.
Catherine xxxxxx

Sunday, July 11, 2010

My Head Is Sore From The Wig !!!!!

My hair has still not started to fall out not that I want it to. I shaved my hair off so it would not be to devastating to see and I started wearing the wig to get used to it for when I had no hair. My head has been very sore the last few days and I think it's from wearing the wig all day. I would still recommend people shaving their hair off before it comes out in clumps but maybe waiting a week or 2 after the Chemo starts and not before unlike me. I am still expecting it to fall out any day now and I still think it will be very hard for me to deal with. One thing that helps is I know Kevin loves me no matter what I look like or what happens to me. The wig gets very hot and its quite tight but have to say I thought it blow off in the wind but it didn't it stayed put which was great. I do like the look of the wig it couldn't match my own hair any better then it does. It takes a lot of getting used to and I'm not sure I'm used to it yet. In saying that I would not leave the house without wearing it no matter how sore my head is. It amazes me how well they are made and how real they look even the staff in the hospital didn't know it wasn't my real hair. At the end of the day it is a relief to be able to take it off and let my head relax a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catherine's new look :)

Catherine's new look :)