Welcome To Catherine's Cancer Journey Blog.

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Catherine a mum of 3 lovely children who was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 38.
Please feel free to read my Cancer journey and comment if you would like to. Thank you for taken the time to read my posts.
Your support is very much appreciated. New pictures are posted at the end of the page. Thank you.
Catherine xxxxxx

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunday 25TH Of July.

Today I woke up early and have a cold I must have caught it from someone. I'm still learning new things about cancer all the time. I have figured out how the Chemo is effecting me and for how long after. It seems to take me a week to recover from the Chemo and it makes me feel sick, weak, tired and my mouth gets very dry for about 8 days. My hands and feet are not sore and my nails are fine so far to. Even though my hair is falling out and my head has been shaved twice I can still feel hair on my head and still have my eye lashes and eyebrows. That tells me I'm doing pretty good overall. Kevin has been here nearly 2 weeks already and I get plenty of rest and I'm well looked after. I don't have much energy to be out and about and if I go out for a few hours I tend to be totally wrecked and do sleep for hours after. I don't think the 2 younger kids actually realize just how sick I am. They want me to go places that I don't feel up to going. Chemo is a pretty hard thing to go through for anyone it's so not nice. I will be very happy when I reach my last Chemo session. I can honesty say I feel for anyone going through Chemo and would not wish it on anybody.

1 comment:

  1. Catherine - Please be careful about getting sick while on chemo. Get even more rest now as it will be difficult for you to shake this. Hang in there sweetie.

    ReplyDelete

Catherine's new look :)

Catherine's new look :)