Welcome To Catherine's Cancer Journey Blog.

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Catherine a mum of 3 lovely children who was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 38.
Please feel free to read my Cancer journey and comment if you would like to. Thank you for taken the time to read my posts.
Your support is very much appreciated. New pictures are posted at the end of the page. Thank you.
Catherine xxxxxx

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hospital Visit Today Was Herceptin Only.

Today I got to the hospital at 8.30am waited 2 hours before I was called for treatment. The treatment itself didn't take that long just all the waiting around does. I didn't even have to see the doctor today. I'm still feeling down since yesterday I could not even keep it together having the treatment tears were just streaming down my face. The nurse asked me how I was coping and I said I'm coping fine just sometimes I have days were I am a bit down and she said I am going to have days like that and it's ok to feel that way and that Cancer is not an easy thing to cope with. That I think I know and it is not one bit easy for me. She asked how I felt after having the mastectomy I said I'm ok some days it gets me down but i'm alive. I'm living for Monday when Kevin gets back to me I feel very depressed without him and it's much harder to cope with when he has to leave. I'm starting to feel better health wise and it's nearly time for the next big Chemo session it's next week. She asked about my injury's I said they were from an accident and she said and you have Cancer on top of that. You have been through the mill and I thought to myself you have no idea. I should come out of all this as strong as superwoman there is only so much a person can take.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catherine's new look :)

Catherine's new look :)