Welcome To Catherine's Cancer Journey Blog.

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Catherine a mum of 3 lovely children who was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 38.
Please feel free to read my Cancer journey and comment if you would like to. Thank you for taken the time to read my posts.
Your support is very much appreciated. New pictures are posted at the end of the page. Thank you.
Catherine xxxxxx

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

How The 4TH Chemo Session Made Me Feel.

The fourth Chemo session was last week and I'm only starting to feel a little better now. I have slept so much the last week I should be well rested but I'm still very very tired all the time. My legs do feel like have been on them for hours on end even when I am resting. My mouth and tongue is very sore and has been for a few days. I am still feeling sick and waking up at all crazy hours of night and day when I sleep. I am going through hot flushes that could be due to the Chemo or the early menopause I wont know that till after all the Chemo is finished. Today I feel a little better and I'm back at the hospital tomorrow morning at 8am for the Herceptin. The steroids did keep me awake this time and when they wore off I did nothing but sleep and be depressed for days. I know it's the steroids that get you down. It is very tough with all the treatments and effects of medication. People think if you look good or sound good that your ok and coping with everything but I'm sorry to say that is so not the case. It's not just Cancer that has to be dealt with but so many issues as well that people would not even imagine things like having a breast gone, menopause, sweats, no sleep, tiredness, feeling week, how your partner is coping, Missing out on time with the kids, how the kids are coping, guilt, self esteem, the list is endless and so much to think about and try cope with it all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catherine's new look :)

Catherine's new look :)