Welcome To Catherine's Cancer Journey Blog.

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Catherine a mum of 3 lovely children who was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 38.
Please feel free to read my Cancer journey and comment if you would like to. Thank you for taken the time to read my posts.
Your support is very much appreciated. New pictures are posted at the end of the page. Thank you.
Catherine xxxxxx

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Tour OF The Radiotherapy Department.

Yesterday Kevin and I went to the hospital to have a tour of the radiotherapy department where I'm having my radiotherapy treatment. It was an open evening and 14 people were supposed to attend. There were only 4 people that turned up myself, Kevin and 2 other people. 2 nurses talked about radiotherapy then gave us a tour of the different treatment rooms and planning treatment rooms. They asked if we had any questions about radiotherapy then answered them. Then we had a coffee and a biscuit. My legs were hurting from tiredness and one of the nurses told me to try peppermint cream and said it's supposed to be really good for the legs. So finally got some advice as to how to help my legs feel a bit better. We were told the Radiotherapy treatment is not painful at all and that it does make you very tired. I picked up an information booklet on Radiotherapy and read it all. It's handy because I can go back to the book when it's time to have my treatment. It was good getting out of the house for a bit even though my legs and feet were extremely tired. We got back and I slept all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catherine's new look :)

Catherine's new look :)