Welcome To Catherine's Cancer Journey Blog.

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Catherine a mum of 3 lovely children who was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 38.
Please feel free to read my Cancer journey and comment if you would like to. Thank you for taken the time to read my posts.
Your support is very much appreciated. New pictures are posted at the end of the page. Thank you.
Catherine xxxxxx

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I Had My Last Big Chemo Day Today.

Today kevin and I left for the hospital at 8.30 am. The doctor called me at 10am said he was happy to let treatment go ahead today. He checked me out and said my chest was ok and asked me if I had any questions for him I said yes I do I asked him if the swelling in my arm and hand was due to the Chemo or Lymphoedema and he said it was the Lymphoedema I then asked him how long I would have that problem and he said I could suffer with it for life. We then left the hospital for a few hours and had to go back at 1pm for the chemotherapy. The Chemotherapy took till 5pm to finish so it was a really long and stressful day. I got a call from the radiotherapy hospital during Chemo asking if I could go back again next Thursday to have another CT scan because the other one was not good enough so I said yes that I would go back next Thursday. The nurse told me that that was normal and nothing to worry about. So lots more running around next week with hospital appointments and suffering from fatigue that sucks bad.
I was told next Wednesday and the Wednesday after are just the short Herceptin Chemo then the week after the Herceptin goes to a higher dose once every 3 weeks and takes an hour to complete treatment instead of the lower dose of a half an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catherine's new look :)

Catherine's new look :)