Welcome To Catherine's Cancer Journey Blog.

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Catherine a mum of 3 lovely children who was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 38.
Please feel free to read my Cancer journey and comment if you would like to. Thank you for taken the time to read my posts.
Your support is very much appreciated. New pictures are posted at the end of the page. Thank you.
Catherine xxxxxx

Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Very Last Day Of The Steroids.

Today is my very last day of taking steroids and that makes me happy. No more nights of not been able to sleep and been kept awake all night. No more depression when your coming off the steroids. I had been taking the steroids as early as I could in the mornings so I would be able to take the second lot by lunch time because if you take the second lot of steroids any later then lunchtime they keep you up the whole night long. They are not nice to take and they have to be taken 3 days running which is the day before Chemo, the day of Chemo, and the day after Chemo to stop you having a reaction to the Chemo. I found out I have to have the Herceptin till next June because that is when I had my first treatment but at least I don't have to take steroids for the Herceptin. So my advice to anyone starting steroids for Chemo is to take them as early as you possibly can in the morning and make sure you take the second lot nice and early like lunch time so your not kept awake all night. The first time I took them I left 12 hours between the second lot because no one told me any different or that I had to take the second lot lunchtime and I was awake the whole night long.

1 comment:

  1. Good advice on the steroids. I can't sleep either when I am on them. So, you are finished with chemo then? I am finishing next week. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete

Catherine's new look :)

Catherine's new look :)