Welcome To Catherine's Cancer Journey Blog.

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Catherine a mum of 3 lovely children who was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 38.
Please feel free to read my Cancer journey and comment if you would like to. Thank you for taken the time to read my posts.
Your support is very much appreciated. New pictures are posted at the end of the page. Thank you.
Catherine xxxxxx

Saturday, October 2, 2010

My Son Still Has Doubts.

My son is 13 yrs old. He recently came home from school and said that his whole class knew I had breast cancer. I asked him how they knew and he said the boys were slagging of each others mothers and someone started to slag me off and one of his friends said to the other boy don't slag his mother she has breast cancer. I asked if it bothered him with everyone knowing and he said no. He looked at me and said you would tell me if it was terminal wouldn't you. I said of course I would I have told you everything thats happened right from the start and I do tell you whats going on at the appointments. All the kids know I will not brake a promise to them and I told him I promise it's not terminal and that he knows everything. I think he feels happier now he just needed some reassuring that I am not going to die. My heart was braking for him I felt so sorry for him and I know it's always on his mind along with the rest of the family I had to choke back the tears talking to him and watching his face. I understand the kids worry totally. I mean who wants to be without a mother.

2 comments:

  1. You must have a really great relationship with him that he feels can talk to you so openly and honestly. It's great that he can tell you what's bothering him and not bottle up his worries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deirdre. Thank you for reading and your comment. Yes I have a good relationship with all 3 of the kids. They know they can come to me with anything thats on their mind.

    ReplyDelete

Catherine's new look :)

Catherine's new look :)