Welcome To Catherine's Cancer Journey Blog.

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Catherine a mum of 3 lovely children who was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 38.
Please feel free to read my Cancer journey and comment if you would like to. Thank you for taken the time to read my posts.
Your support is very much appreciated. New pictures are posted at the end of the page. Thank you.
Catherine xxxxxx

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Your Mouth Gets Very Very Dry After The Big Chemotherapy Days.

Your mouth gets very very dry after the big Chemotherapy days. For me after having Herceptin, Taxotere, Carboplatin my tongue gets really sore and red and painful for a few days then my mouth starts getting dry a few days later. It gets so dry it feels like the roof of my mouth is peeling. My mouth stays like that till the 8th day after Chemotherapy then starts to get better. The tongue doesn't be so sore and the dryness starts to get better as well. I cant speak for everyone just what happens to me. For the 8 days after my big Chemotherapy sessions I drink chicken soup and I have light things like a sandwich or some dry bread to go with the soup. I try sleep as much as I can and drink as much as I can to. Milkshakes taste pretty good when your mouth is all dry from the Chemotherapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catherine's new look :)

Catherine's new look :)