Welcome To Catherine's Cancer Journey Blog.

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Catherine a mum of 3 lovely children who was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 38.
Please feel free to read my Cancer journey and comment if you would like to. Thank you for taken the time to read my posts.
Your support is very much appreciated. New pictures are posted at the end of the page. Thank you.
Catherine xxxxxx

Friday, October 8, 2010

My Radiotherapy Planning Treatment.

On Thursday I had my radiotherapy planning treatment. The first thing I had done when I got to the hospital was a CT scan. I had to lay really still while they done a scan and hold my arm above my head on 2 little rests and keep my head facing the right hand side while they marked on my chest and sides of where the radiotherapy treatment will be. The nurse said she would be back in a few minutes to put the permanent marks on me.
She said I would feel 3 tiny little pinches. I was nervous especially as I couldn't see what they were doing with my head facing the right hand side and she was on my left side. The permanent markings hurt a tiny bit and just for a second no longer then that so that was not to bad at all. Then I had to wait and see a nurse who asked me loads of questions. She asked me if I had any questions for her and I said yes I do and that everyone is advising me to put plenty of cream on before the radiotherapy treatment before it starts so I wont get burned and do I need to put lots on. My answer was do not put on any cream at all till after the radiotherapy treatment because the cream can make the treatment more severe on your skin and to wait till after the radiotherapy treatment to put lots of cream on. Her answer surprised me a lot considering everyone was telling me to put the cream on before hand. She told me not to shave under the arm and not to wear deodorant and to use something really mild in the shower to wash with. We spent a good few hours waiting around the hospital for everything to be finished. By the time we got home my feet were really tired and throbbing for ages. Thats another thing over with for now. Treatment should start in a few weeks time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catherine's new look :)

Catherine's new look :)