Welcome To Catherine's Cancer Journey Blog.

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Catherine a mum of 3 lovely children who was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 38.
Please feel free to read my Cancer journey and comment if you would like to. Thank you for taken the time to read my posts.
Your support is very much appreciated. New pictures are posted at the end of the page. Thank you.
Catherine xxxxxx

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Your Immune System Goes Down With Chemo.

Day 13 after the 5th big Chemo session and everyone in the house had colds on and off. Kevin had a really bad cold for a few days and I caught a cold and chest infection. I went for a sleep and woke up unable to breath properly and my nose was running bad. The next day I went to my own doctor and she said it was better for me to go to the oncology day ward to get checked out because the chest infection could get very bad quickly because my immune system was down. We went to the hospital waited 3 hours to be seen and were going mad with the boredom of hanging around eventually got to see a doctor and she gave me steroids for the asthma and 2 courses of anti-biotics. I have to say I feel a bit better today. So my advice is when your doing Chemo be very careful of people been sick with colds and stuff around you. Wrap up warm and take something for your cold as soon as it starts. You really can get sick quite fast when your having Chemotherapy treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catherine's new look :)

Catherine's new look :)