Welcome To Catherine's Cancer Journey Blog.

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Catherine a mum of 3 lovely children who was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 38.
Please feel free to read my Cancer journey and comment if you would like to. Thank you for taken the time to read my posts.
Your support is very much appreciated. New pictures are posted at the end of the page. Thank you.
Catherine xxxxxx

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Your Taste Buds Go Off On Chemotherapy.

Did you know your taste buds go off when your having Chemotherapy treatment?
After your first treatment all the food tastes different. Everything tastes bland even bread. The only things I could taste properly were really sweet things like cream, pineapple, and some spicy foods and garlic salt. I put garlic salt on most of my dinners just so I could taste something. The taste stays different till after your last Chemotherapy treatment. It's not one bit nice having to go so long without tasting your food it kind of puts you off a bit. I cant wait to be able to taste food again properly. A few more weeks left and I should be able to taste everything again. So if you have to go through Chemotherapy don't cook your favorite foods they wont taste the same as they did before.

1 comment:

  1. Catherine, I so agree that it's hard when your taste buds are so out of wack. I still have to keep eating, though, anyway or I feel sick. Even my morning coffee doesn't taste right. I hope it doesn't take too long for taste buds to recover when all this craziness if over.

    ReplyDelete

Catherine's new look :)

Catherine's new look :)