Welcome To Catherine's Cancer Journey Blog.

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Catherine a mum of 3 lovely children who was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 38.
Please feel free to read my Cancer journey and comment if you would like to. Thank you for taken the time to read my posts.
Your support is very much appreciated. New pictures are posted at the end of the page. Thank you.
Catherine xxxxxx

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Chemotherapy Can Bring On An Early Menopause.

Chemotherapy can bring on an early menopause another thing I didn't know till well after surgery. The doctor asked me if I wanted any more children and I said no and he said good because Chemotherapy can bring on an early menopause. I thought to myself great another thing to look forward to along with breast cancer and it's just as well I didn't want anymore children. Lots of people don't even know the menopause is connected to Chemotherapy. I agreed to take part in some studies for cancer If the studies can help other cancer patients like myself then why not help out. It is a few extra blood samples taken at the same time they are taken blood for checks so what's a few extra bottle samples when they are taken them anyway. One of the studies are to see if I will be likely to go through the menopause. I'm curious to see if I'm going to be going through the menopause along with the Chemotherapy. I'm making people aware of things that I didn't know and maybe I can help someone understand and have some knowledge of what could happen along with breast cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catherine's new look :)

Catherine's new look :)