Welcome To Catherine's Cancer Journey Blog.

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Catherine a mum of 3 lovely children who was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 38.
Please feel free to read my Cancer journey and comment if you would like to. Thank you for taken the time to read my posts.
Your support is very much appreciated. New pictures are posted at the end of the page. Thank you.
Catherine xxxxxx

Saturday, June 19, 2010

My Prostheses.

I had never even heard of a prostheses until I was diagnosed with breast cancer never mind what one looked like. It was the last thing on my mind after hearing I had breast cancer I just wanted the whole breast with the tumor on it removed I didn't care what I looked like after once the tumor was gone. after few days I got my temporary prostheses it looked crazy and felt mad but basically it is a false breast that sits in the bra so it looks like your breast is still there. I felt a bit better after getting it because I looked more normal with it on. It is very heavy to wear and was something else to cope with. 6 weeks after surgery I had to go back to get a permanent prostheses I was well curious as to what the difference would be between them both. It looks more like a real breast then the temporary prostheses and is a little heavier to with more of a real looking nipple on it. I felt much more comfortable with that one and it lasts for 2 years and is very easy to look after. My daughter's, sister's, aunty's and my mum were all curious about it so I showed them all what it looked like. My youngest daughter was fascinated at how they could make the prostheses look like a real breast and I guess it made her feel more comfortable that I looked normal with it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catherine's new look :)

Catherine's new look :)