Welcome To Catherine's Cancer Journey Blog.

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Catherine a mum of 3 lovely children who was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 38.
Please feel free to read my Cancer journey and comment if you would like to. Thank you for taken the time to read my posts.
Your support is very much appreciated. New pictures are posted at the end of the page. Thank you.
Catherine xxxxxx

Sunday, June 20, 2010

My Hair Is All Shaved Off 3 Days Before Chemo Starts.

Today I woke up and decided to cut my hair even shorter again. I started cutting loads of my hair off and my daughters came into the room they were ok because I said I was not upset and that it had to go anyway. I gave them both a scissors and told them they could cut it all off they had great fun getting to cut real hair. Then when all the hair was cut I shaved the rest off. The children said it was not as bad as they expected it to be and that it is still me just without hair. So when the Chemo starts there will only be little bits here and there because the rest is gone and it would be easier for me to shave it off rather then watch it fall out all over the place. I'm not going to say it was easy but I didn't really have a choice and if I had of got upset it would have upset the kids and I didn't want that to happen. I wore the wig out for the first time today. It felt a bit strange but I will get used to it eventually. I will miss my long lovely hair but getting better is more important.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catherine's new look :)

Catherine's new look :)