Welcome To Catherine's Cancer Journey Blog.

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Catherine a mum of 3 lovely children who was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 38.
Please feel free to read my Cancer journey and comment if you would like to. Thank you for taken the time to read my posts.
Your support is very much appreciated. New pictures are posted at the end of the page. Thank you.
Catherine xxxxxx

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My First Chemo Session Was Awful.

Today went asleep at 6.30 am and got up at 730am the steroids kept me awake all night long. I got ready to be at the hospital for 11 am my sister came with me. I checked in and waited 3 hours with no bloods done or had not seen the doctor we were asked to go away and come back after a little bit of time. Eventually I got called and my sister was allowed in the room with me. I was sending texts to kevin to let him know everything that was happening cause he was worried and wishing he was here to be with me. the first Chemo drug was the Taxotere and I was told if there was going to be a reaction then it would be to the Taxotere so they would do that one first. The drip had only been in about 7 mins and my face went all red like it was going to explode and at the same time my chest was tightening and I could not breath properly. They were very quick stopped the Chemo gave me some stuff in the drip waited a while then gave the Taxotere to me again but very slowly then even every ten minutes gave it to me a bit quicker. next was the Herceptin which was fine no problem there and last was the Carboplatin so finally got out of the hospital at 7pm after been there since 11am
I took all the medicine I had to so now I'm just very tired after a long day and my stomach is a little upset but I don't feel sick yet.

4 comments:

  1. What a day you have had. Just wanted to let you know you are on my prayer list. Following your journey Valral x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your prayers and for following my cancer journey. Yesterday was a long day. I'm telling myself only 5 more Chemo sessions. It's great to see so much support behind me. Thank you.
    Catherine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor you what a day, I remember my first chemo it is so frightening, all I can say is that at least next time you will know what to expect, so not so frightening . I had Tax as well, the steroids really played havoc with me, they gave me such bad indigestion I thought I was having a heart attack and was rushed to hospital, they gave me something to stop the indigestion and it was all ok after that. Take care of yourself, you are in my thoughts.
    Fiona (Insurancewith.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Fiona Thank you for the comment Yes I ws very nervous yesterday and got such a fright with the reaction but was glad they were able to fix me up quick. I have been doing ok with the steroids thank god. I think the next Chemo session they will start me on the Taxotere slower. Thank you for your support I appreciate it.
    Catherine xxx

    ReplyDelete

Catherine's new look :)

Catherine's new look :)