Welcome To Catherine's Cancer Journey Blog.

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Catherine a mum of 3 lovely children who was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 38.
Please feel free to read my Cancer journey and comment if you would like to. Thank you for taken the time to read my posts.
Your support is very much appreciated. New pictures are posted at the end of the page. Thank you.
Catherine xxxxxx

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Finally All Healed Up And Ready For Chemo.

I am finally all healed up 11 weeks today since I had my breast removed. The healing took a long time. I'm glad I'm healed so Chemo can start and I can get better and on the other hand I'm not looking forward to the Chemo at all because I'm terrified. The Chemo is starting next Wednesday and I have so many fears. Normally I'm a quick healer I don't why I took so long to heal this time. I took care of all the dressings and keeping it as clean as I could by myself and did a good job. At first the nurses were coming out and hitting of nerves like mad so I decided I was going to take care of the breast healing myself. I used the gloves had plenty of dressings and sterile cleaning solution thats all I needed and to change the dressing every 24 hours. As for under my arm the movement was so restricted I couldn't even brush my own hair and it annoyed me every time I tried to brush it because I couldn't. I had to do exercises 3 times a day and it was not easy but I did it and can now brush my own hair. I still cant raise my arm all the way above my head but I'm slowly getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catherine's new look :)

Catherine's new look :)