Welcome To Catherine's Cancer Journey Blog.

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Catherine a mum of 3 lovely children who was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 38.
Please feel free to read my Cancer journey and comment if you would like to. Thank you for taken the time to read my posts.
Your support is very much appreciated. New pictures are posted at the end of the page. Thank you.
Catherine xxxxxx

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Wearing The Wig Trying To Get Used To It.

Today I wore the wig for about an hour trying to get used to it. It is the longest time I have had it on so far. I covered all my hair with tights and put the wig over it.
It feels very strange and takes some getting used to. I feel a bit better today about wearing the wig because I managed to get it the way I am going to wear it and I was able to tie it back of my face. I picked a long dark brown one so it would match my own hair and there would not be to much of a change in looks. My little daughter was not to happy about me losing my hair and she wanted her own hair cut so I cut her hair and now she says she doesn't mind my hair been gone and that I will still look beautiful to her. I asked her if she will still say that when I am bald and she said yes of course I will. The wig is beautiful and really made well and it feels so real you would never be able to tell it is a wig. I still feel weird wearing the wig but I guess it is just a matter of getting used to it and I'm sure I will as time goes by. It is not an easy thing to have to do but at least I'm still here and my hair will grow back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catherine's new look :)

Catherine's new look :)