Welcome To Catherine's Cancer Journey Blog.

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Catherine a mum of 3 lovely children who was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 38.
Please feel free to read my Cancer journey and comment if you would like to. Thank you for taken the time to read my posts.
Your support is very much appreciated. New pictures are posted at the end of the page. Thank you.
Catherine xxxxxx

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Lots of Medication To Take.

It's the next day after Chemo and I'm feeling pretty good so far. The nurse went through all the medication that I have to take and what they are for and how long to take them for. She seemed to be writing for ages and there seemed to be a lot so I wrote my own medicine record of what to take in the morning, lunch, dinner and tea time. So here goes the long list of medication if anything it's knowledge for people that don't know what goes along with Chemo. Steroids 2mg 4 morning 4 lunchtime prevents reaction and to be taken day before Chemo, day of Chemo, day after Chemo. Motilium 10mg 4 times a day 20 mins before food, prevents sickness, Day of Chemo and for a week. Zoton 30mg, 1 tablet in the morning before food, prevents acid reflux, day before Chemo and for a week. Tablespoon of salt in water 4 times a day after meals prevents mouth ulcers, day of Chemo and continue and just like to add that is gross and you have to wait 10 mins before the next mouth wash. Mycostatin mouth wash, 4 times a day after the salt mouthwash, prevents thrush, day of Chemo and continue. Newlasta injection, 24-72 hours after Chemo, boosts white cells, once every 3 weeks, increase fluids with that.
The pill box came in very handy considering I'm no good for taken tablets.

2 comments:

  1. It's good to hear that you feeling fine so far after the first session. First I was scared as I read about the complications with Taxotere.

    I hope the other sessions are not as hard as the first!
    But I'm convinced that you're strong enough to endure the chemo!

    I keep my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much for the comment :) I did get an awful fright but I'm feeling good so far I'm really hoping the anti-sickness tablets work for me. Tomorrow I get an injection side effects are lower back pain so hope thats not to bad not sure yet what the other side effects are after that injection. Hope your doing good and great to hear from you :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Catherine's new look :)

Catherine's new look :)