Welcome To Catherine's Cancer Journey Blog.

Hi and welcome to my blog. I'm Catherine a mum of 3 lovely children who was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 38.
Please feel free to read my Cancer journey and comment if you would like to. Thank you for taken the time to read my posts.
Your support is very much appreciated. New pictures are posted at the end of the page. Thank you.
Catherine xxxxxx

Thursday, April 1, 2010

MY Strange Dream.

I had a dream a few months ago that I had cancer and I was in a hospital bed taking my last breath and my fiancée Kevin couldn't get to me in time. My mother and sister were there but in a different room and my fiancée was on his way from U.S.A. but couldn't make it in time and I died alone.
I had been to a few funerals at the time of the dream so I guess it was on my mind and cancer is something I have always feared. So when I found the lump I was horrified. They say If you dream of dying it is supposed to mean a long life but when I think about my dream I'm not so sure what it means. I don't want to die alone and I want my fiancée with me at all times.

I don't know whats in store for me or whats going to happen but what I do know is no one should have to go through anything like this without the support of your loved one.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Catherine,

    We just connected on Twitter and I came to your blog and read this post. I am a DreamTender, and found this particular post of interest since I work with peoples dreams a lot. I find it interesting, though not uncommon that this dream came to you prior to you knowing that there was something happening in your body. I tend to lean away from regular interpretations because dreams are so personal and so intimate to the dreamer, that other peoples interpretations don't often fit our personal scenarios. I also want to point out that dreams of death are often about the potential for rebirth and transformation, and it seems that by the way you are sharing your blog and posts and surrounding yourself with support, that you are doing just that. I would like to share a book with you that is one of my all time favorites on dreams, written by Marc Ian Barasch. It's called "Healing Dreams", about how he followed his dreams through the initial stages of knowing he had something but the doctors couldn't find it. Eventually he was diagnosed with thyroid cancer, and used the wisdom of his dreams to guide him through the entire healing process. It's a fascinating read regardless of what a diagnosis may be. I am holding you in my prayers and hope to stay connected here with you. Have a blessed and beautiful day Catherine. In Light and Love, Bambi

    ReplyDelete

Catherine's new look :)

Catherine's new look :)